Tough Trial Attorneys With Extensive Courtroom Experience
- Criminal Law
- Civil Litigator
His successes have included victories in criminal and juvenile appeals, successful challenges to the legality of Massachusetts statutes and regulations, and a class-action constitutional challenge before the Supreme Judicial Court that provided relief to more than 6,000 people. Ryan also has substantial experience representing clients before the Massachusetts Parole Board and the Sex Offender Registry Board.
Ryan is frequent lecturer at legal seminars and trainings across Massachusetts and has been a faculty member for the National Legal Aid & Defender Association's annual National Appellate Defender Training. In 2018, he received the Jay D. Blitzman Youth Advocacy Award in recognition of his dedication to juvenile rights.
Before becoming a partner at Elkins Auer Rudof & Schiff, Ryan was the Director of Juvenile Appeals at the Committee for Public Counsel Services (CPCS), the statewide Massachusetts public defender agency. Prior to that, he was a staff attorney in CPCS's Special Litigation Unit and an associate at a Boston law firm.
- Northeastern University School of Law, Boston, Massachusetts
- J.D. - 2003
- University of Massachusetts Boston,
- MA (English), - 2000
- University of New Mexico,
- BA, - 1996
- Massachusetts, 2003
- U.S. District Court District of Massachusetts, 2004
- U.S. Court of Appeals 1st Circuit, 2005
Classes & Seminars
- Faculty Member, National Legal Aid & Defender Association’s annual National Appellate Defender Training in New Orleans