Tough Trial Attorneys With Extensive Courtroom Experience
- Criminal Law
- Landlord/Tenant Law
- Real Estate
- Consumer Protection
- Civil Rights Actions
Kelly Auer has been passionate about advocating for people her whole life. At Elkins, Auer, Rudof & Schiff, she divides her time between representing clients in criminal law, landlord/tenant law, real estate, consumer protection and civil rights actions. Kelly represents clients in Superior and District Court throughout Hampshire, Hampden, and Franklin Counties.
Kelly was a legal advocate in law school and transitioned to working as a public defender in Alaska. As a public defender, she provided legal support to a wide diversity of financially challenged clients and brings those skills to Massachusetts.
Prior to becoming an attorney, Kelly started in the public health sector as a cancer researcher and an adjunct professor. She received her Doctorate degree here in the Pioneer Valley at the University of Massachusetts, in Molecular and Cell Biology with her research focusing in genetic engineering and biochemistry. Kelly is a published research scientist and her work has appeared in several peer-reviewed journals.
Kelly also consults with other attorneys on DNA, toxicology, and other forensic science evidence. Kelly thoroughly enjoys working and living in Western Massachusetts, when not providing her clients with the very best legal representation, Kelly loves hiking, biking and walking her dogs.
- Northwestern School of Law of Lewis and Clark College, Portland, Oregon
- Juris Doctorate - 2005
- University of Massachusetts
- Doctorate - 1995
- Major: Philosophy in Molecular & Cell Biology
- California State University
- B.S., Bachelor of Science - 1987
- Honors: with Distinction
- U.S. District Court District of Massachusetts, 2014
- Massachusetts, 2013
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member
- NACDL’s Forensic Science Committee, Member
- The American Association for the Advancement of Science, Member
- Western Massachusetts Federal District Court, Member